Chinese Beef Noodle Soup. Beef noodle soup is a noodle soup made of stewed or red braised beef, beef broth, vegetables and Chinese noodles. It exists in various forms throughout East and Southeast Asia. The clear broth beef noodle soup was allegedly invented by the Hui people during the Tang dynasty and is commonly.
Beef noodle soup possibly is the most favorited Chinese style noodle soup. Every noodle restaurant serve their own beef noodle. As a big fan of beef noodle soup, I usually make a large pot of braised beef and fridge as the essential topping of my breakfast noodles at home. You can have Chinese Beef Noodle Soup using 33 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Beef Noodle Soup
- Prepare 1 kg of Beef bones (optional).
- It’s 2 kg of Beef (I used “beef finger meat” but shank and chuck are great).
- It’s 2 tsp of whole coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of whole fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of whole cloves.
- It’s 6 pods of star anise.
- It’s 1 of orange peel.
- You need 2 sticks of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Szechuan peppercorns.
- You need 8-10 of bay leaves.
- You need 3/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced.
- You need 12 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- You need 4 of red chiles, halved.
- It’s 10 of scallions, cut into thirds.
- It’s 100 g of fresh ginger, sliced.
- It’s 130 g of Rock Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Doubanjiang (bean paste).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of La Doubanjiang (spicy bean paste).
- It’s 1 cup of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shaoxing wine (or rice wine).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of black vinegar.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes, quartered.
- It’s 4 tsp of MSG or salt.
- Prepare 1-3 tsp of Chili Oil for serving (see recipe).
- You need of Cilantro for serving.
- You need of Scallions for serving.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black Vinegar for serving.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame oil for serving.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce for serving.
- It’s pinch of fresh ground white pepper for serving.
- Prepare 1 portion of wheat noodles for serving.
Lanzhou Beef Noodle Soup (兰州拉面) consists of flavorful broth, sliced beef, radish, herbs, chili oil, and chewy noodles. My niece Kim came to visit us in Beijing this summer, and after. Chinese Beef Noodle Soup (红烧牛肉面) – A hearty noodle soup topped with tender and luscious beef. A bowl of hot noodle soup topped with tender braised beef is an absolutely satisfying comfort dish.
Chinese Beef Noodle Soup step by step
- (optional) For extra beefy flavour, make beef stock with the bones by boiling them in water with your largest stock pot. After about 5 minutes there will be a lot of scum on top, so use a strainer to skim off the scum every couple of minutes until the stock produces no more foam. It should look a bit green and oily when finished (see pic). Reduce heat to keep it simmering for 1-3 hrs to extract maximum flavour. Alternatively, you can skip this step just use water.
- While stock is simmering, blanch your beef to remove impurities. In a clean pot, boil just enough water to cover your beef and then add the beef and keep it boiling for 1-2 minutes. Remove the beef, rinse in clean water, cut into eating sized chunks. Discard the scummy water from this step..
- Make spice ball by placing coriander, fennel, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, orange peel, Szechuan peppercorns, and bay leaves into a spice ball or spice bag..
- In a wok or large pan over medium-high heat, pour in vegetable oil. Once heated, add the onions, garlic, chilis, scallions, ginger, rock sugar, and bean pastes. Cook until the onions start to become translucent..
- Add Shaoxing wine, allow some alcohol to cook off, then add soy sauces..
- Add the sliced beef, spice ball, and tomatoes. Stir fry for about 10 minutes..
- Go back to your beef bone stock and remove all the bones, then strain it into a large bowl to remove all the sediment at bottom of pot..
- Combine beef bone stock and beef with braising liquid/spices/vegetables in a large pot. Simmer on low heat for at least 2 hours until flavours combine and meat is tender..
- Check occasionally and skim off any scum on the top. When almost finished simmering, taste the broth and season. I usually add 2-4 tsp of MSG at this point..
- Remove spice bag, or if you didn't use bag, remove the meat and tomatoes and then strain out the remaining solids. Add meat and tomatoes back to broth..
- To serve, put light soy sauce, sesame oil, black vinegar, and ground white pepper in bottom of each bowl. Add broth and noodles, and top with chili oil, thinly sliced scallions, and lots of cilantro..
This recipe shows you how to create a bowl of beef noodle soup that is truly rich in flavor with. To assemble the soup, place a generous amount of noodles in the bottom of a bowl. Then, add bok choy, meat, and broth. The Best Chinese Beef Noodle Soups in Los Angeles · Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup is a perfect orchestration of tender beef, a rich and slightly spicy broth, fresh noodles, a little bok choy, and that absolutely necessary fistful of Chinese pickled mustard greens and fresh scallions and cilantro. Ginger Tea Soup with Chinese NoodlesFoodista.