My Chicken and Barley Soup 🥰#Starter#Lunch. Simmering chicken thighs in water provides the stock for this chicken soup with barley, vegetables, and plenty of seasoning. Return soup to heat; add carrots, celery, onion, pearl barley, bay leaves, chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, sage, salt, and black pepper. Hearty and flavorful, this chicken and barley soup is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter's night.
This hearty chicken barley soup is great for meal prep since the leftovers are even better the next day. Chicken Barley Soup – a hearty, easy to make soup loaded with barley, chicken and veggies that's sure to satisfy! If you are looking to add more healthy foods to your diet, here is a great alternative to chicken noodle soup that taste just as good but is a healthier option. You can have My Chicken and Barley Soup 🥰#Starter#Lunch using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Chicken and Barley Soup 🥰#Starter#Lunch
- It’s 1 tbls of butter.
- You need 1/4 of Onion diced.
- You need 2 tbls of Pearl Barley.
- You need 1 of Chicken breast cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 of +1/2 pints boiling water.
- You need of Add 1 dried chicken stock to the water.
- It’s 1 of small carrot sliced and cut in half.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic clove crushed.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 of little black pepper.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
A simple chicken and barley soup recipe. Some Chicken and Barley Soup recipes can take upwards of two and a half hours to make! How Do You Make Chicken and Barley Soup? Place chicken, barley, onions, carrots, turmeric, salt, pepper and broth into the Instant Pot.
My Chicken and Barley Soup 🥰#Starter#Lunch instructions
- Rinse the Pearl barley and add to a saucepan.
- Melt the butter and add the diced onion also Garlic and cook just for a minute then set aside.
- Add the boiling water to the barley in the saucepan and add the chicken and carrots. Also the dried Chicken stock stir bring to the boil and turn lower and cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Next add the cumin and pepper.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Add the chicken broth, water, and barley to the pot. Bring up to a simmer, then cover and turn down to low. How to Make Chicken (or Turkey) Barley Soup: (Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.) When the barley is nearly tender, add the chicken or turkey and continue cooking until the barley is as tender as you'd like it. I cooked the soup at a very low simmer for about an hour and. Chicken soup does just the trick when dealing with a cold and with the addition of barley like in this recipe, it's even heartier.