Indonesian goat curry.
You can cook Indonesian goat curry using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian goat curry
- It’s 2 lbs of goat meat with bones (goat belly, goat leg meat).
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 of lemongrass.
- It’s 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- You need 1 inch of galangal.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- It’s 3 pods of cardamom.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 5 of shallots.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 4 of candlenuts.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of white pepper.
- It’s 1 inch of fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 inch of fresh turmeric.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of fried shallots or onions.
Indonesian goat curry instructions
- Boil the goat meat for 30 minutes, discard the water..
- Grind shallots, garlic, coriander powder, white pepper powder, ginger, candlenuts, and turmeric using mortar and pestle or a blender with 1 tablespoon of oil..
- On medium high heat sautee the clove, cardamom, cinnamon, and star anise until fragrant around 10 seconds..
- Followed with the paste mix, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves and galangal. Sautee for 3 minutes until fragrant..
- Pour in the water and the goat meat, bring to a boil. Add the coconut milk and salt. I'm using pressure cooker, cook it on meat/stew setting or 45 minutes. Sprinkle the fried shallots..