Slow Smothered Pork Chops.
You can have Slow Smothered Pork Chops using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Smothered Pork Chops
- You need 5 of pd large bone in assorted pork chops (deboned).
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 2 stalks of celery.
- It’s 3 of large carrots.
- It’s 2 of pds baby red potatoes.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of each of garlic and onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander.
- It’s 3 of knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch (optional).
Slow Smothered Pork Chops step by step
- If you are cooking for little ones you may want to debone the pork chops because there are some little and sharp bones in the meat. After deboning, save the bigger bones to cook with the meal for added flavor..
- In small bowl mix cajun seasoning, smoked paprika and some of your salt and pepper. generously rub on each side of pork chops.
- Heat a little bit of oil in Dutch oven or any heavy, large pot. Add meat. Do not over crowd the pot, you may need to brown in batches, mine took two. Get a nice brown sear on each side and in bottom of the pan. Remove and set aside..
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. saute for a few minutes until they take on the color of the sear and are translucent..
- Add pork chops back to the pot, add remaining seasonings. Add enough water to cover the meat about an inch. Stir all together well, bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low boil for 1 1/2 hours..
- Then add carrots and potatoes, cover and simmer for another 30 to 45 minutes..
- If you want a thicker broth, mix cornstarch with some cold water and add to pot. Let it cook for a few more minutes to thicken..