Indian Spicy Masala Potatoes.
You can cook Indian Spicy Masala Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indian Spicy Masala Potatoes
- Prepare 5 of potatoes.
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 4 tbsp of peanut oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground coriander.
- You need 2 tbsp of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of course salt.
Indian Spicy Masala Potatoes instructions
- Dice potatoes and boil until soft..
- Slice onion and bell pepper in segments..
- Finely dice jalapeno and set aside..
- Mix cumin, mustard and coriander..
- Mix turmeric and salt..
- Heat frying pan with 3 tblsp peanut oil. Oil is ready when pinch of cumin mixture forms small bubbles (med heat)..
- Add cumin mixture to oil, simmer for approx. 1 minute stirring frequently. Now add peppers and stir to coat..
- Spices will start to cling to peppers, repeat by adding onions and potatoes..
- Add tumeric and salt mixture and finally jalapenos..
- Continue stirring to prevent sticking, adding remainder of peanut oil..
- Dish is finished when you have even coating of spices and oil is just starting to separate from mixture..