You can cook Sushi Rice using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sushi Rice
- You need 400 grams of sushi rice.
- You need 400 ml of cold water.
- Prepare 75 ml of sushi rice vinegar.
Sushi Rice instructions
- Place the rice in a sieve and rinse until the water runs clear. Leave to drain. Place it into a sauce pan, pour over the cold water place on a lid and bring to the boil (make sure it is a tight fitting lid, mine isn't so I have used cling film to seal it properly).
- Bring it to the boil for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat after this and cook it for a further 10 minutes. Then leave the pan to stand for a further 10 minutes do not take the lid off..
- Get a baking tray, then spoon on the rice so it is an even layer, add little by little the vinegar folding it in with a spoon, carry on doing this until the vinegar has all be absorbed. Leave it to cool the rice is now ready to be used for your sushi making..
- The rice should have a lovely silky texture to it! Enjoy.