Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe). This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Stir-Fried Spicy Eggplant (Chinese eggplant tossed in a spicy vegetarian sauce with chili paste and Add eggplant and mix well. Stir in cornstarch paste a little at a time until desired consistency. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels.
Sure, I have my go-to eggplant parmesan recipe, but I also like the idea of adding eggplant to another protein. Plus, that makes the meal more filling. Stir-fry cubed chicken breast with mushrooms, spinach, eggplant, and soy sauce for a quick and easy main dish. You can cook Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe)
- You need 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (no canola oil is used as no deep frying in this recipe).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (about 6 large cloves).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sliced ginger.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (instead of vinegar).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of date syrup (instead of the sugar and to induce some dark color as no bean sauce is used in this recipe).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need of Chicken breasts cut into cubes and cooked separately in a pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper.
- You need of Skinned Eggplant sliced as desired.
- You need of Carrots cut into stripes.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- It’s of Steamed white rice.
- It’s of Chili flakes (no chili paste or spicy sauce to make it edible for children but these can be added as desired).
- Prepare of Water to steam the eggplants and carrots (steaming is used to eliminate using a lot of oil in the recipe and to reduce time for sautéing eggplants and carrots in oil).
Stir the chicken back into the pan, and add the fish and soy sauce mixture. Uncover, and stir in the basil. There are always those recipes that we crave and get a comforting feeling for when we eat at our favorite restaurants. We end up going over and over again to get that specific dish, but why not try and make it at home?
Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) step by step
- Steam the eggplants and the carrots separately.
- In a wok or large pan add the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the garlic, the ginger and the sesame seeds.. Oh the fragrance!!😋😋.
- Sauté the steamed carrots first for about 1 minute then add steamed eggplants and drizzle some sesame oil on top. Carefully mix for about 5 minutes. Note that since steaming has been used, it reduces a lot the cooking time of the vegetables at this phase. Basically we are just coating them with flavor. You can vary the amount of time for steaming and make it less steaming but more sautéing time with oil or the opposite like what I did. I chose the latter to give it a healthier twist..
- Now add the already chicken cubes on top of step 3..
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the cornstarch with the water, adding the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, chili flakes, and the date syrup. If you need to use more water you can add the amount of water remaining or less of it as desired..
- Pour the sauce prepared in step 5 to step 4 and wait until it reduces.
- Slice green onions to garnish and serve with white steamed rice. Bon appetit!👌.
All Reviews for Spicy Chicken and Eggplant Stir-Fry. Spicy Chicken and Eggplant Stir-Fry. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The eggplant is grilled until crispy and smoky, and then cooked in a rich savory garlic sauce. This vegan dish is very satisfying, both as a side or a main Eggplant is a very tricky vegetable to cook. If you don't season it properly, it will taste bitter or extremely plain.