Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut.
You can have Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut
- Prepare 1 lb of pork loin.
- It’s 1 of apple.
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion.
- Prepare to taste of Caraway seeds.
- It’s of Sage.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sea salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Costco's Organic no-salt seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1-2 cups of Apple juice.
- Prepare of Organic yellow mustard.
- You need of Your favorite saurkraut.
- Prepare of Homemade or favorite apple sauce.
Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut instructions
- Coat the pork with a thin layer of mustard. Dust all sides with a 2:1 ratio of No-Salt seasoning and sage. Coat with another thin layer of mustard. Mix the salt, pepper, garlic and paprika together and dust all sides of the pork..
- Allow to rest on the counter and light the grill. Charcoal or wood fire is best but a gas grill is fine too. You're looking to sear the outside, build a light bark but mostly bring that flavor only being cooked on an open flame brings. Also preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a dutch oven on medium high with 2 tbsp oil. Chop the apple and onion, throw into the dutch oven along with the caraway seeds to soften. Keep an eye on the pork, turn to get all sides seared..
- When the pork is seared on all sides – still raw in the middle transfer to the dutch oven. Add the vinegar and enough apple juice to come up 1/25 to 1/3 of the way on the pork. Cover and bake for about an hour to hour and a half. You're looking for the pork to shred easily..
- While the pork is cooking mix equal parts of the saurkraut and applesauce in a bowl. Let sit at room temp until ready to serve..
- Once the pork is tender shred in the dutch oven mix with the juices, apple and onions. Serve and don't forget to spoon the applekraut on the side or over top..