You can cook Chicken Karaage using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Karaage
- Prepare 400 g of chicken breast mini fillets.
- Prepare 2 tbs of light soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbs of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger root grated.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove crushed.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sake or rice wine vinegar or mirin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of potato starch.
- You need of Oil for shallow frying.
Chicken Karaage step by step
- In a bowl combine the soy sauces, ginger, garlic, and choice of liquid with the chicken..
- Cover and refrigerate and leave to marinade for a min of 1 hour. The longer you leave it the tastier will be. Do not leave for longer than 24 hours..
- Take marinated chicken out of the fridge and leave to get to about room temperature..
- Heat the Oil in a pan until about 170°c.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the potato starch and place on a plate while oil heats up..
- When oil is hot add chicken pieces one by one. Do not over fill the frying pan..
- Cook evenly to get a nice golden crispy coating. Check the internal temp is 70°c/80°c.
- When cooked drain on kitchen paper towel or frying basket..
- Serve with cucumber and a wedge of lemon.