Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread.
You can have Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread
- You need 125 g of couscous (I use ready made in sachet).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 tbsp of harissa.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 25-30 g of sultanas.
- It’s 50 g of mix nuts, toasted and chopped.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare of Flatbread (adapted from Emily’s recipe).
- You need 1 cup of plain flour (some more for dusting).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cold water (may need to add more).
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of cumin powder and cinnamon powder.
Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread instructions
- Add hot water in the couscous and leave it to cook. Add butter after a couple min and mix well. Put lid on..
- Marinate your chicken with harissa sauce, chilli flakes, lemon zest and half of lemon juice..
- Add some olive oil. Pan fry your chicken until cooked both side. Once chicken cooked take them out to rest..
- Add onion in the same pan as you fry your chicken and quick stir. Transfer couscous into the pan, add 1 tsp of harissa sauce, some lemon zest, squeeze of lemon juice, sultana and nut and mix well..
- Making flatbread, add plain flour, cumin and cinnamon powder, salt and mix, add some water a little bit at time and use your hand of form it to dough. Roughly knead it until nice and smooth for 3-4 min. Place on a flat surface with dust of flour. Cut into 4 and roll them out nice and thin..
- Pan fry on dry pan for a few minutes or until both side cooked..
- Dish up : add couscous in the pan then add chicken on top. Serve with flatbread and extra lemon juice and harissa sauce if prefer.