Sorrel and Pork Stew.
You can have Sorrel and Pork Stew using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sorrel and Pork Stew
- You need of Pork and marinade.
- You need 2-1/2 pound of porkloin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 cup of peach brandy.
- It’s 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Stew and vegetables.
- Prepare 10-1/2 ounces of sorrel in a jar chopped.
- Prepare 1 pound of carrots.
- It’s 2/3 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 of large cucumber.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
Sorrel and Pork Stew step by step
- Cut the pork into manageable pieces. Add the spices except salt. Add the oil and brandy and put into a ziploc bag..
- Remove all the air from the bag. I used water in the sink to submerge the bag most of the way pushing the air out and sealing the bag. Set in the refrigerator for 3 hours..
- Wash peel and chop the vegetables..
- Here is the sorrel..
- Heat a deep pan. Add the pork and marinade. Add the onions and simmer for 2 minutes. Then add the sorrel..
- Now add the vegetables and stir. Now add the salt. Stir well and simmer 7 minutes..
- Add the broth and simmer 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes liquids will increase. Add the butter. Simmer 20 minutes more. Add the flour stir in and let thicken. Cook for 10 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.