Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken (Ayam Ungkep).
You can have Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken (Ayam Ungkep) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken (Ayam Ungkep)
- Prepare 1.5-2 kg of chicken thigh, bone-in, skin-on.
- Prepare 1 tbs of grated garlic.
- You need 1/2 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger, grated.
- It’s 2 of candlenut, grated / mashed (you can ommit if you don't have it).
- It’s 1 tbs of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tbs of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sea salt.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s to taste of white pepper powder.
Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken (Ayam Ungkep) instructions
- Mix all the spices. Rub to the chicken well. Let it stand for an hour..
- Put all the chicken pieces into the slow cooker. Set to “high” for 4 to 5 hours (depending how big the chicken pieces)..
- After the chicken are cooked, at this point you can devide per portion in ziplock bags then put them in the freezer. When you need them, take out a portion then thaw it in the fridge..
- Preheat the oil then deep fry the chicken or like what I did here is frying them in an air fryer..