Soba – Oriental noodles with scallions.
You can cook Soba – Oriental noodles with scallions using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soba – Oriental noodles with scallions
- Prepare 200 grams of Soba noodles.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of chives, chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of scallion tails, chopped.
- You need 1 of red chili pepper, chopped (optional, if you like spicy).
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
Soba – Oriental noodles with scallions step by step
- Heat water to boil the soba noodles. Once it's boiling add the noodles. It will take 3 to 4 minutes. These should be “al dente.” After boiling rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process..
- In a small container/jar/whatever put 2 of the 3 tbsp of soy sauce, the chives, the chilli paper and 2 of the 3 tbsp of scallions and the garlic. Mix them and wait for 3 minutes to extract some flavor..
- Start heating the sesame oil in a pan. When hot, add the content of your mix in step 2 to the pan and cook it for 2 minutes at low heat..
- Scramble the egg and add 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Put it in a separate thin pan. You want to make something like a really flat and thin omelette..
- Once done, cut the egg in squares or 1 x 3 cm strips. Not the best picture though….
- Add the cooked soba noodles and the egg strips to the pan where you have the mix. If needed, add a bit more of sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir and saute for 3 minutes so the soba gets the flavor of all other ingredients..
- Serve and top it with some sesame seeds and the rest of fresh chopped scallions to decorate..