Thick Cut Pork Chops with Super Easy Bulgogi-Inspired Sauce.
You can cook Thick Cut Pork Chops with Super Easy Bulgogi-Inspired Sauce using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thick Cut Pork Chops with Super Easy Bulgogi-Inspired Sauce
- You need of Sauce:.
- Prepare 2-3 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like things.
- It’s 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of unsalted liquid – water or unsalted chicken, beef, or vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
- You need of Chops:.
- Prepare 2 of thick cut pork chops, seasoned to taste with salt and pepper and rubbed with 1 teaspoon oil total.
- It’s of Garnish:.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, chopped.
Thick Cut Pork Chops with Super Easy Bulgogi-Inspired Sauce instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Then, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, low sodium soy sauce, liquid, and crushed garlic, and turn the heat on to medium, letting the sauce come to a simmer for a couple of minutes until all the sugar is dissolved..
- Add your toasted sesame oil and let the sauce simmer for another minute..
- Preheat an oven safe pan to high and sear the chops for 2 minutes per side..
- Put the pan in the oven and let the chops roast for somewhere between 9 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops and your desired doneness. Ours were about 1-inch thick and I'd already taken them out of the fridge for about 45 minutes, so they came out medium after 10 minutes. (Which is actually *slightly* more cooked than I like white meat pork chops.).
- While the chops are roasting in the oven, bring your sauce back up to a gentle simmer over low heat..
- When the chops are done, take them out of the oven and let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing them into roughly 1/3″ thick slices..
- Place them on your serving platter, making sure to pour any of the juices left from slicing the chops over the slices (extra flavor!). Then pour the bulgogi sauce on top..
- Garnish with chopped green onions and enjoy!.