Easy Chicken Biryani.
You can cook Easy Chicken Biryani using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Biryani
- You need 4 of chicken drumsticks/thighs (pat dry).
- It’s 2 of onions (chopped).
- Prepare 5-5 of cardamom pods.
- You need 5-6 of cloves.
- Prepare 2-3 of star anise.
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika powder.
- You need of Chilli/cayane pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt (or to your liking).
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked rice.
Easy Chicken Biryani instructions
- Heat oil in a casserole dish (or any deep pan that has thick bottom). Add in the chicken drumstick with the skin side down. Be sure to pat dry the chicken before frying, or there will be lots of hot oil splashing. Cook chicken until it looks golden brown..
- Add onion, cardamom, cloves, star anise, bay leaves, garlic and ginger, cook until onions look soft..
- Add in the rest of the spices and coat the chicken..
- Add the water and leave to simmer on medium low heat (uncovered) for 40 minutes and the stock thicken..
- Add in the cooked rice and and stir well until all spices spread evenly. Cook for another 7-10 mins..
- Taste the food and adjust the seasoning as needed. Turn off the heat. Your biryani is now ready to serve. Garnish with some coriander leaves and fried shallots..