Miso-Crusted Pork Loin Chops.
You can cook Miso-Crusted Pork Loin Chops using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Miso-Crusted Pork Loin Chops
- It’s 4 of center cut pork loin chops (1 1/2 -2' thick).
- You need 1/2 cup of red miso.
- You need 1 Tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 2 of tsps yellow mustard seed.
- Prepare 2 Tbsps of + 2 tsps olive oil.
- You need 2 of tsps butter.
Miso-Crusted Pork Loin Chops instructions
- Whisk the miso, 2 tablespoons of the oil and the honey together to combine. Place the pork chops in a shallow dish and slather on all sides with the miso mixture. I recommend marinating this overnight because the miso tenderizes the meat. The first time I made this, I marinated the pork for 8 hours and it was very good. The second time I marinated the pork for 36 hours and the chops were amazing. Place in the fridge until 30 minutes before needed..
- Preheat the oven to 400..
- Add the butter, the remaining oil and mustard seeds to an oven-safe skillet and heat over low heat until the butter is melted, the oil is very hot and the mustard seeds are starting to pop..
- Remove the chops from the marinade and roughly remove the excess; you want some marinade left on the chops to create the caramelization that will make the difference between a good chop and a very good chop. Add the chops to the pan – do not crowd them so use as big a pan as you can or 2 pans if you have to – and sear the chops for 2 minutes on each side. Make sure that the heat is on low or you will have a smoky kitchen with which to contend..
- Once the chops have been seared on the outside, place the pan in the oven and cook for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, tent with foil and let rest about 5 minutes before serving. Make sure you whisk up and drizzle some of the pan juices over the top of each chop..