Chinese Style Honey Lollipop Chicken.
You can cook Chinese Style Honey Lollipop Chicken using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Style Honey Lollipop Chicken
- You need 16 of Chicken Drummettes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Corn Flour (for coating).
- Prepare of Sauce (mix well in a bowl);.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Light Sauce Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- You need of Thickener (mix well in a bowl);.
- You need 1 tsp of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Water.
- You need of Frying;.
- Prepare as needed of Cooking Oil (for deep frying).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil (for stir frying).
- You need 3 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Toasted Sesame Seed.
Chinese Style Honey Lollipop Chicken step by step
- DRUMMETTES; Ask the butcher to box the drummettes. If not, the method is to sever the meat from the ligaments of the small joint. After severing, simply run down your knife along the bone, pushing the meat down to the big joint. Cut and dress any unsightly skin or fat and clean the bone from any residue..
- DEEP FRYING; Coat the drummettes with cornflour and prepare oil for deep frying. Fry the drummettes in it's entirety until brown. Alternatively you can double fry by frying it 5 minutes initially, letting it rest and then frying it second time until it browns. This way the drumlets are crisper..
- SAUCE; In a pan, add 1 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot and fry the garlic and toasted sesame seed until fragrant. Then add the sauce mixture and let it cook for a minute. Next add the thickener and reduce the liquid to your desired consistency..
- Then, coat the drummettes with the sauce and serve it on a plate..