Mul (Water) Kimchi Instant Pickles.
You can cook Mul (Water) Kimchi Instant Pickles using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mul (Water) Kimchi Instant Pickles
- You need of cm Daikon radish.
- Prepare of cm Carrot.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- It’s of Myoga ginger.
- It’s of Garlic.
- It’s of Sliced ginger.
- You need of Red chili powder (optional).
- Prepare of Kombu tea or kombu based dashi stock.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of to 1 tablespoon Vinegar.
- It’s of Mineral water (spring water, etc).
Mul (Water) Kimchi Instant Pickles instructions
- If you grate the garlic and ginger they will cloud up the brine, so slice them thinly instead. Cut all the other vegetables into 4 cm long strips..
- Cut the myoga ginger in half into diagonal strips. It's also delicious with Japanese parsley, wageki scallions, Chinese chives, etc..
- Combine all the vegetables you're going to pickle and apply salt. Mix together well and let it sit for a while until they begin to dehydrate..
- Once they have begun to dehydrate, apply the kombu kelp tea, red chili powder, sugar, and vinegar. Mix well and let it all blend together for 10-20 minutes..
- It's ok to use regular water, but since you can drink the pickling juice from the mul kimchi, it'll be even tastier if you use high quality water. Store in the refrigerator and add the water just before you eat it!.
- Adding ice when you present it at the table can really improve the presentation. As for the chili pepper, you can also use small round slices, but in that case only use a small amount!.
- [Additional] As these are instant pickles, it's different than fermented mul kimchi. However if you let it sit for a few days, it will ferment and become the real deal!.
- Daikon radish and pear mul kimchi https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156050-radish-and-pear-mul-water-kimchi.