Okra kraut /lacto-fermentation.
You can have Okra kraut /lacto-fermentation using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Okra kraut /lacto-fermentation
- You need 1 lb of fresh Okra.
- It’s 1 lb of sweet long pepper or hot pepper.
- You need 1/2-1 Tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar (optional).
- You need 2 tsp of Korean hot pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of fish sauce (optional).
Okra kraut /lacto-fermentation step by step
- Rinse okra and pepper really well and set aside to dry for about 5 mins in a colander. Slice okra and pepper into bite sizes and put them in a large mixing bowl..
- Salt determines how quick your kraut would be ready and how long it gonna lasts. Saltier version tastes better over time than less saltier version in my opinion. You can try it on your own. In summer days when room temperature hits 80+, kraut can turn sour in 24 hours before I transfer it to a fridge to slow down fermentation..
- Mix the seasonings (1/2 Tsp salt, 1tsp sugar,2 tsp hot pepper flakes fish sauce) in a separate bowl. Mix it well with the cut vegetables. Set aside for 1 hour until the veggies turn wither. Transfer everything including the juice into a big glass jar. Store at room temperature for at least 8-12 hrs before transfer to a fridge. Cooler climate areas may take longer time. A quick test is to press down with a clean spoon and see if bubbles are rising up or the fresh green turn to brownish green..