Pear and Apple Mul (Water) Kimchi.
You can have Pear and Apple Mul (Water) Kimchi using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pear and Apple Mul (Water) Kimchi
- You need of Asian pear.
- It’s of Apple.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of Sliced ginger.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of ● Water.
- You need of Joshinko (or mochiko).
- Prepare of ● Sugar.
- It’s of Rock salt (or regular salt).
Pear and Apple Mul (Water) Kimchi instructions
- Thinly slice the garlic and ginger. You can actually cut them however you like, but don't grate them or they will cloud up the brine..
- Put all of the ● ingredients into a pot and turn on the heat. Mix them together well, and when it starts to simmer, turn off the heat. Once it has cooled, add the garlic and ginger..
- Cut the cucumber into large, bite-sized pieces and lightly sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 15-20 minutes until it begins to dehydrate..
- Peel the pear and leave the skin on the apple, and chop into 1 cm-thick wedges. This is mild kimchi loaded with fruit..
- Take the dehydrated cucumber, pear, and apple and add to the brine from Step 2. Adjust the amount of salt. If it's too salty, add some water..
- [Fermenting] Transfer to a container and leave at room temperature for about 2 hours to half a day in summer, 2-3 days in spring or fall, or 4-5 days in winter. Then store it in the refrigerator..
- As it ferments, the color of the vegetables will change and it will become thicker and more acidic. Decide when you want to eat it and enjoy..
- [Mul kimchi juice] The juice, brimming with plant-based lactobacillus, is supposed to be very good for your body. It has about 20 times more lactobacillus as nukazuke pickles..
- [Using leftovers] Tomato mul kimchi using leftover juice https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153321-using-leftovers-for-tomato-mul-water-kimchi.
- Eggplant and cucumber mul kimchi https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153613-eggplant-and-cucumber-mul-water-kimchi.