You can cook Indian Frybread using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indian Frybread
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of powered milk.
Indian Frybread instructions
- Put flour in a bowl, add baking powder, salt and powdered milk..
- Mix in warm water to form dough..
- Cover hands in flour..
- Knead dough by hand until soft but not sticky. Cover with a cloth and let stand for 15 minutes..
- Shape dough into balls about 2 inches across then flatten by patting and stretching the dough..
- Melt shortening about an inch deep in frying pan. When hot put dough in pan. Fry one side til golden brown then turn and fry the other side..
- Can also be used as a good dessert by topping with honey, powdered sugar, etc..