You can cook Hiroshima Okonomiyaki using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hiroshima Okonomiyaki
- Prepare 1 c. of Flour or Okonomiyaki flour.
- You need 1 t. of Mirin.
- Prepare 2/3 c. of Cold water.
- Prepare 1 of small head of cabbage, rinsed.
- You need 2 c. of Bean sprouts, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 2 bunches of green onions, thinly and diagonally sluced.
- Prepare 1 lb. of pork belly, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Okonomiyaki sauce.
- You need of Kewpie mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 pkg. of yakisoba (3/pkg).
- Prepare of Oil.
Hiroshima Okonomiyaki step by step
- Mix mirin and water in measuring cup..
- Add to flour and mix with a whisk until smooth in small bowl. Refrigerate at least an hour, no longer..
- In the meantime, thinly slice cabbage and put aside. Slice green onions and put aside..
- Heat large nonstick pan (use nonstick griddle or electric frying pan if you have one)..
- Take out flour mixture from refrigerator and stir. Using ladle, scoop out about 1/2 c. and pour into heated pan swirling around into a circle like a pancake. No need to make it thick. It will “fluff” up otherwise it will be too thick..
- Pile up 1/2 of each – cabbage, bean sprouts, and green onions. It will cook down. Don’t press down..
- Place 1/2 lb. pork belly slices across the pile..
- Smear about 1 tbsp. on top. With 2 large spatulas, flip it over and let it cook. Need pork belly to cook. No smashing down..
- Meanwhile, using a frying pan (or side of the griddle) put in 1-1/2 pkg. yakisoba separating it. Put oil on it and help oil distribute through the noodles..
- Add 1 tbsp. Okonomiyaki sauce to the noodles and stir it in. Let noodles cook until slightly browned and flip over..
- Go back to the pancake and transfer it over on the fried noodles..
- Where the space you were cooking the pancake, break one egg and fry it breaking the yolk and mix around..
- Don’t overcook the egg..
- Carefully transfer the pancake onto the egg. Let cook for 1 minute..
- Using 2 spatulas, flip the entire pancake onto a plate.
- Using Okonomiyaki sauce and Kewpie mayonnaise, squirt it in zig zag fashion separately..
- Serve hot. Then make second pancake..