Icy Cold Somen.
You can cook Icy Cold Somen using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Icy Cold Somen
- You need 4 of servings Somen Noodles *OR Rice Vermicelli or Capellini (Angel Hair Pasta).
- You need of Mentsuyu (Dipping Sauce) *find my recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/6744624-mentsuyu-noodle-dipping-sauce.
- You need of ‘Yakumi’ (Condiments).
- It’s of *Note: ‘Yakumi’ is herbs and spices to add extra flavours to the dipping sauce. You can add any of the following.
- Prepare of Spring Onion, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Grated Ginger, Shredded Nori, Wasabi, Chilli Powder, Shiso, Myoga Ginger, etc.
Icy Cold Somen step by step
- Cook Somen Noodles as instructed. You don’t need to add Salt to the water as Somen Noodles are salted..
- When noodles are cooked, drain and rinse well in COLD water, and place the noodles in a serving bowl with cold water and some Ice Cubes..
- Serve the noodles with the chilled ‘Mentsuyu’ dipping sauce and Yakumi..
- *Note: Fried food goes well with this noodle dish. Tempura are excellent. https://cookpad.com/uk/users/6036326?utf8=%E2%9C%93&u=tempura&commit=Search.
- Note: ‘Chilled Eggplant’ is delicious. https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/6875911-chilled-eggplant-with-somen-noodles.