Sheik's Syrian-Creole Rice Pilaf.
You can have Sheik's Syrian-Creole Rice Pilaf using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sheik's Syrian-Creole Rice Pilaf
- It’s 2 cups of white long grain rice.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of fine egg noodles crushed.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 4 tbsp. of salted butter.
- You need 1 tsp. of Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic (or your fav cajun spice).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of black pepper.
Sheik's Syrian-Creole Rice Pilaf step by step
- In a large deep saucepan, melt the butter and then add the egg noodles and saute until they begin to turn brown. As soon as they begin to turn brown, pour the water into the saucepan. (Be very careful not to let this over cook in actually burn the egg noodles, otherwise the entire dish will taste like it's burnt.).
- Next, add the white rice, peas, meat magic and black pepper. Steer thoroughly and bring to a boil..
- Once the water boils, reduce heat to low and cover. Stir the rice often to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan or burning of the rice..
- The rice is done when you cannot taste any crunchiness to the rice kernels (about 15-20 min)..
- This dish is definitely one of my comfort foods. Rice is just one of those things you can have any time of day… And this tasty traditional dish fits the bill perfectly. Shown with some paprika and red pepper flakes sprinkled on top. -Sheik.