Chicken and Eggs Bowl (Oyakodon).
You can have Chicken and Eggs Bowl (Oyakodon) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Eggs Bowl (Oyakodon)
- You need 1 piece of chicken thigh.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 160 mL of Dashi broth (otherwise chicken soup) : (A).
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce : (A).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sake (otherwise white wine) : (A).
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar : (A).
- You need 400 g of freshly cooked rice.
Chicken and Eggs Bowl (Oyakodon) step by step
- Thinly cut the onion into wedges. Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks..
- Put the condiments (A) in a pan. Heat it until it comes to a boil..
- Add the onion and simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes. Then, add the chicken and simmer over medium heat again for about 3 minutes..
- Beat eggs lightly. Then add 2/3 of them to the pan. Turn the heat down and simmer for 2 minutes with a lid. Use two pairs of chopsticks, and don't beat too much..
- Add the rest of beaten eggs and boil at medium heat for 10 seconds..
- Put them over the freshly cooked rice..