My Family's Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage.
You can have My Family's Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Family's Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage
- Prepare of Chicken thighs.
- You need of Versatile Garlic Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Mirin.
- Prepare of knob's worth Ginger juice (grated).
- Prepare of Katakuriko.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Frying oil.
My Family's Crispy and Juicy Chicken Karaage step by step
- I use garlic soy sauce that I made in advance for a seasoning. If you don't have it, use 1.5 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 clove of grated garlic..
- Mix the garlic soy sauce, ginger juice, mirin, salt and pepper in a zip-lock bag..
- Cut the chicken into a bite size. The best size is one that you might think is too big for an easy bite..
- Put the chicken into the zip-lock bag, and rub it to season. Release the air and seal the bag, and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- Discard excess marinade if needed. Add in the katakuriko and rub on the chicken before frying..
- Heat oil to 355°F/180°C and deep-fry the chicken for a few minutes, until the coat is no longer soft, and bit browned..
- Take them out and leave for 3 – 4 minutes to cook with the residual heat. When you want to make a lot, deep-fry the next batch for tame-saving..
- After that, deep-fry again for 30 – 40 seconds to make them crispy..