Juicy Chicken Karaage.
You can cook Juicy Chicken Karaage using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Juicy Chicken Karaage
- Prepare of Chicken thighs.
- It’s of Shio-koji (if possible).
- You need of Katakuriko.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- It’s of Sake.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Ginger (grated).
- It’s of Garlic (grated).
Juicy Chicken Karaage step by step
- Cut the chicken into 7 – 8 (bite size) pieces, and put them in a bowl. If you have shio-koji, add it..
- Rub in the shio-koji, and add enough water to cover the chicken. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit in a fridge for 20 – 30 minutes..
- Pour the water out of the bowl (leaving the chicken), and rub in sake, soy sauce, ginger and garlic..
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 20 – 30 minutes again..
- Pat dry the chicken, and coat with katakuriko..
- Heat oil to 355°F/180°C and deep-fry the chicken for 5 – 6 minutes. Actually I don't deep-fry, I fry with generous amount of oil in a frying pan..
- Turn them over several times until all surfaces are golden brown..
- It's done..
- A crispy surface, with sizzling juices bubbling out. So juicy..