Mild Fish Broth (For Salt-broth Ramen).
You can cook Mild Fish Broth (For Salt-broth Ramen) using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mild Fish Broth (For Salt-broth Ramen)
- You need of 1) Flying Fish Broth.
- Prepare 10 of Flying fish (dried sardines).
- It’s 4 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 20 grams of Dried clams.
- You need 20 grams of Kombu.
- Prepare 300 ml of Water.
- Prepare of 2) Bonito Broth.
- Prepare 1 of handful Bonito flakes.
- It’s 300 ml of Water.
Mild Fish Broth (For Salt-broth Ramen) instructions
- 1) Flying Fish Broth. Soak the fish, dried shiitake mushrooms, dried clams, and konbu in water overnight..
- Transfer everything, including the water, into a pot and lightly boil on low heat..
- Let it simmer gently for a long time. Only add more water if necessary. (I simmered for 4 hours this time. Don't let it come to a full boil.).
- Strain through a paper towel lined colander..
- 2) Bonito Broth. Pour 300 ml of water into a small pot and turn on the heat..
- Turn off the heat right before it starts to boil, and add in the bonito flakes..
- Heat on medium for 2 minutes..
- Remove from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes..
- Strain through a paper towel lined strainer..
- Mix the bonito broth into the flying fish broth, and it's done!.
- Taste the flying fish broth while making it. The taste of the shiitake mushrooms might seem a bit strong, but once the bonito broth is added and mixed in, it becomes mild and delicious..