Stuffed Cabbage (Turkish -Greek recipe) with lemon sauce.
You can have Stuffed Cabbage (Turkish -Greek recipe) with lemon sauce using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Cabbage (Turkish -Greek recipe) with lemon sauce
- You need of FILLING.
- It’s 750 grams of minced meat (beef).
- It’s 1 of grate onion.
- It’s 200 grams of fine chopped parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper.
- You need 50 grams of rice.
- It’s 1 of meduim cabbage.
- You need of SAUCE.
- You need 2 tbsp of niseste.
- Prepare 3 cup of liquid from the food.
- It’s 3 of lemons (depends how sour you want it).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
Stuffed Cabbage (Turkish -Greek recipe) with lemon sauce step by step
- Take the hard part from the cabbage with a knife carefully. Then boil it for about 20min..
- Take the leaves out. Stat filling them. Put a bit of filling in the edge (where the hard part was), turn it, close the edges and then turn again. FILLING: in a bowl add all the ingridients and mix them..
- In the bottom of the pot add cabbage leaves that are hard or bad for filling them. Then start to add the prepare stuffed pieces..
- You can make two floors of them into the pot.
- Then add to the put warm water and the rest of the oil until to cover them..
- Add a plate on the top of them and boil for an hour. (we add the plate so they can not “jump” while they are bolling..
- When is ready take them out of the water. Stain the water and leave it for the sauce.
- Sauce: In a plate mix neseste with a bit of the water. Then add the eggs and then slow the lemon juice. On the fire put the pot with the liquid of the food and when is warm add inside the mix from the plate. Mix it for a while but be carefull not to boil! It will be a thik, white cream, a bit sour and tasty! In Greece it called “avgolemono” and you can find many recipes on youtube. Also the food in Greece called “lahanontolmades” also you can find it on youtube. Is delicious!.