Lauki ChanaDaal Curry- Perfect Sunday Lunch Recipe.
You can have Lauki ChanaDaal Curry- Perfect Sunday Lunch Recipe using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lauki ChanaDaal Curry- Perfect Sunday Lunch Recipe
- It’s 1 of Lauki(medium) (grated).
- Prepare 1 cup of Chanadaal (soaked for 4 hours or overnight).
- Prepare 1 of Finely chopped onion –.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of Finely chopped ginger –.
- It’s 4 of Finely chopped garlic –.
- It’s 2 of Finely chopped green chilli-.
- It’s 2 of Finely chopped tomato –.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Finely chopped coriander –.
- You need of Whole Garam Masalas:.
- Prepare 1″ of Cinnamon stick.
- You need 3 of Cloves.
- You need 1 of Black cardamom –.
- Prepare 3 of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Spices:.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sabzi masala or Chanamasala-.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Lauki ChanaDaal Curry- Perfect Sunday Lunch Recipe step by step
- Combine the lauki, chana daal, salt and a pinch turmeric with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and cook for 3 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep it aside. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add whole garam masalas and saute for 15 seconds..
- Then add chopped onions and saute on a medium flame until translucent. Now add ginger, garlic and cook for 2-4 minutes. Add coriander powder, turmeric, sabzi masala. Mix them well and add chopped tomato. Cook until masala leaves oil on the medium-low flame..
- Now add the boiled lauki chanadaal and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Now add 1 tbsp of ghee and garnished with coriander leaves..