Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel.
You can have Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel
- You need of MASTERSTOCK:.
- You need 400 ml of light soy.
- It’s 400 ml of dark soy.
- You need 500 ml of chinese cooking wine.
- It’s 400 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, brused.
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- It’s 6 of star anise.
- It’s 3 of cinnamon quils.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 3 L of water.
- You need 2 of small knobs ginger, bruised.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of spring onion.
- It’s 2 kg of pork belly, skin and bones removed.
- It’s of CHILLI CARAMEL:.
- Prepare 50 g of long red chilli, finely sliced.
- You need 200 g of coconut sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of palm sugar.
- You need 125 ml of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbs of sea salt.
- It’s 2 tbs of fish sauce.
- It’s 20 g of ginger, finely julienned.
Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel step by step
- Masterstock: Put everything except the pork belly into a large stockpot into which the belly will fit snugly..
- Bring to the simmer and add the belly. Use a plate to submerge the belly..
- Simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours until tender. If the tip of the sharp knife goes through the meat easily. It is done. Let cool slightly. Carefully lift the belly out..
- Sandwich between two trays, skin side down, with a heavy weight on top and leave in refrigerator overnight..
- Bring the stock back to a boil to sterilize. Cool and store. The stock can be reused by topping up extra seasoning and spice..
- The next day, trim the pork belly and cut into 2 1/2 cm cubes..
- Chilli Caramel: Soak and sliced chilies in a container of warm water. The majority of seed will sink to the bottom. Discard the water and the seeds..
- Bring all the ingredients to simmer in a pot. Simmer for 10 minutes and cool..
- To Finish: Fry the cubed pork belly in 180 C vegetable oil until golden brown..
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl..
- Warm up enough of the chilli caramel to coat pork belly. Toss the belly in a chilli caramel until well coated..
- Scatter over the coriander to garnish.
- Serve with the Nam Pla Phrik on the side..