Ginger and Scallion Fried Mud Crab.
You can cook Ginger and Scallion Fried Mud Crab using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ginger and Scallion Fried Mud Crab
- Prepare 2 of medium size mud crabs.
- Prepare 6 of Scallions / Spring Onions, chopped into 1 inch lengths.
- You need 1 inch of piece fresh Ginger, peeled and chopped finely.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Chinese cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Sesame Oil.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of corn flour.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce diluted with 2 Tablespoons water.
- You need 1/2 pint of Chicken broth.
- Prepare of To Thicken:.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of water.
Ginger and Scallion Fried Mud Crab step by step
- Chop each crab in to 4 pieces, wash thoroughly and then place in a large bowl and coat with the cornstarch..
- Fill a wok half full with vegetable oil and heat to 170 C or 325 F..
- Carefully lower the crab pieces into the hot oil and cook for about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon and remove on to kitchen paper..
- Remove the oil into a heat proof bowl leaving approximately 1 tablespoon of oil in there, and add the ginger, garlic and scallions, and stir over a high heat for 1 minute, stirring all the time to avoid burning..
- In a jug, add the broth, oyster sauce with water and a pinch of salt. Stir so it’s all combined..
- Add the crabs to the wok and then add the Chinese wine and sesame oil. Whilst stirring the crab in the wok, add the chicken broth mixture and leave to gently simmer for about 5 minutes with the lid on..
- In a small cup, add 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of water. Stir until smooth and then add it to the wok. Stir everything until the sauce thickens..
- Serve and enjoy.!.