Crunchy Chicken Karaage.
You can have Crunchy Chicken Karaage using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crunchy Chicken Karaage
- You need 2 of Chicken thighs.
- You need 2 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of ●Sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 of cm Garlic (tubed or grated).
- Prepare 3 of cm Ginger (tubed or grated).
- Prepare 80 grams of Katakuriko.
Crunchy Chicken Karaage instructions
- Cut the chicken thighs into large cubes. They will be more juicy, the bigger they are. I cut one chicken thigh into 8 pieces..
- Put soy sauce, sake, sesame oil and chicken into a plastic bag and massage a bit..
- Add any amount of the garlic and ginger to taste..
- Massage the bag well on a flat surface to blend all the seasonings together..
- Get all the air out of the bag, and seal it tightly. Let it rest for more than 30 minutes. (I like to rest it overnight to let the flavors meld.).
- Add the katakuriko into the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the chicken pieces..
- Heat 1cm of oil in a pan (so that chicken is almost submerged) and heat up to medium heat. Fry the chicken in the oil, skin-side down first..
- When almost cooked through, turn the heat high to let the moisture evaporate and crisp up the chicken..
- The chicken is cooked when you insert a skewer and clear juices come out..
- When you line the chicken on a cooling rack, make sure they do not stick to each other. They will absorb oil from each other..