Easy Emergency Kimchi.
You can cook Easy Emergency Kimchi using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Emergency Kimchi
- It’s of Whole Napa Cabbage.
- Prepare of Korean Chives.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Gochu Garu (korean chili flakes).
- You need 1/4 cup of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of coarse sea salt.
Easy Emergency Kimchi step by step
- Rinse and chop chives to your liking, preferably 5cm each. Set aside.
- Prep your napa cabbage, cut it in 4. Traditionally Kimchi are not cut in little pieces but i like to make it pre-cut to make the process of fermentation faster.
- Drizzle cabbage with salt and marinate for 30mins (if the cabbage are cut in small pieces) or whole night (if the cabbage are in whole).
- Lightly wash cabbage to rinse excess salt away.
- Mix cabbage with chives well.
- Mix all the other ingredients (spices) to make a red paste.
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with hand (use gloves to prevent the sting of the chili).
- Put in a kimchi container (new container to avoid unnecessary odor or fumes).
- Press kimchi with a spoon until it's firm and very little to none air bubbles trapped inbetween cabbages to make a good fermentation base.
- Keep in the fridge for minimum of 24h.
- Kimchi can be consumed fresh and fermented, preferably with hot rice.