Dweji Bulgogi 돼지 불고기 (Spicy Korean Style Pork).
You can have Dweji Bulgogi 돼지 불고기 (Spicy Korean Style Pork) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dweji Bulgogi 돼지 불고기 (Spicy Korean Style Pork)
- You need 2.5 pounds of pork shoulder strips, cut into roughly 1/4″ thick pieces.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of to 1/3 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like your food.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of gochujang (Korean red chili paste).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1-2 Tablespoons of oil, depending on how fatty the meat is. The less fatty the meat, the more oil you'll want to add.
- It’s of optional: 2 jalapeños or serranos, thinly sliced (optional – for some, the heat from the gochujang is plenty).
- You need of optional: 1 Tablespoon grated or finely minced fresh ginger OR 1 teaspoon dried (sometimes I'm feeling it, sometimes not).
Dweji Bulgogi 돼지 불고기 (Spicy Korean Style Pork) instructions
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl and ideally allow to marinate for at least 45 minutes to an hour before cooking. For me, the best way to get all the meat evenly seasoned is to get in there with your hands, and mix and massage to distribute all the seasonings on and between all the slices of meat..
- PAN FRY OR SAUTE METHOD: Cook the meat in four separate batches on an oiled (about 1.5 teaspoons per batch) pan preheated to medium high, for 2.5 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all pieces are cooked. If you, like I, love onions, you can saute some 1/4″ thick pieces of sliced onions with each batch..
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat the oven to 425F. Mix and additional 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons oil in with the meat and spread it evenly in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan or broiler pan. Place the pan about 4 inches under the heat element (usually the second rack in your oven) and cook for 15 minutes..
- GRILL METHOD: You'll need a grill basket/fine grate to keep the meat from falling through the slats. Spread the meat in a single layer and cook over medium high heat (and at least 5 inches above the coals or gas element) until the meat is cooked 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut and grill heat..