Marsala Pork Chops with Corn and Bacon.
You can have Marsala Pork Chops with Corn and Bacon using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marsala Pork Chops with Corn and Bacon
- It’s 4 of fat boneless pork chops.
- It’s 1 of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 24 oz of chicken stock or broth.
- It’s 2 of ears of corn, kernels removed and cobs cut into 3" lengths.
- It’s 6 piece of bacon or pancetta.
- Prepare 3 of large shallots chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of red chili pepper, deveined, deseeded and chopped.
- Prepare 4 oz of marsala wine.
- You need 2 oz of half and half.
- It’s 2 tsp of chopped fresh sage.
- You need 1 of handful parsley chopped.
- You need 2 of small Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces.
Marsala Pork Chops with Corn and Bacon step by step
- Remove pork chops from fridge and season with salt and pepper 30 minutes before cooking..
- In a medium saucepan, combine stock, corn cobs and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer. After about 8 minutes check potatoes for doneness. As soon as they are tender, strain broth into a bowl, discarding corn cobs and setting potatoes aside..
- Meanwhile, cook bacon or pancetta in a large skillet until crisp. Chop roughly..
- Pour most of the fat from the skillet reserving it in a bowl. Increase heat to medium high and cook pork chops 4-5 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Set aside and cover to keep warm..
- Wipe out any burnt bits from the skillet and add a drizzle of bacon fat to the pan. Reduce heat to medium low. Cook shallots, garlic and chili pepper until softened, about 2 minutes..
- Add marsala, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Increase heat to medium high, pour in stock, then gently stir in sage, corn and potatoes..
- Simmer sauce till slightly thickened and reduced, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and swirl in half and half..
- To serve, pile some corn, bacon and potatoes on a plate and drizzle with sauce. Place pork chop on top with another generous drizzle of sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!.