Stroganoff Smothered Pork Chops.
You can cook Stroganoff Smothered Pork Chops using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stroganoff Smothered Pork Chops
- Prepare of Pork Chops.
- You need 4 of Pork Chops (Bone-in or Boneless).
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of Paprika.
- You need 4 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Stroganoff Sauce.
- Prepare 33/100 cup of Bourbon.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Sliced Mushrooms.
- You need 3/4 cup of Chopped Onion.
- You need 3/4 cup of Chopped Bell Pepper (any colors).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Pork Stock.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sour Cream.
- You need of Server Over Choice Of:.
- It’s 1 of Prepared Egg Noodles.
- You need 1 of Prepared Rice (White or Brown).
Stroganoff Smothered Pork Chops instructions
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium / medium high heat. Salt, Pepper and Paprika both sides of the Pork Chops to taste. Dust both sides of the seasoned Pork Chops with Flour, knock off any excess. Put the Pork Chops in the frying pan and cook about 4 minutes on each side to create a nice sear. Remove the chops from the frying pan, set to the side..
- (Note: I don't always have Pork Stock on hand, but usually have both Beef and Chicken Stock. In such cases I have mixed 3/4 cup of both together and this still comes out great.).
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the Bourbon to deglaze the pan. Add in the Mushrooms, Onions and Bell Peppers. Saute until the veggies are almost tender, about 6 minutes. Then add 1/2 cup of the Pork Stock and let it cook and reduce down for a few minutes..
- (Note: From here, the rest can be done 2 ways. If you'd like, and your frying pan is large enough, you can do everything in the frying pan. I prefer to switch to a dutch oven.).
- Pour the rest of the Pork Stock into the dutch oven and about half of the cooked veggies. Place the Pork Chops on top. Add the rest of the veggies on top. Bring the Pork Stock to a boil, turn the heat to low, then cover and simmer. The longer you let this go the more "fall-off-the-bone" the Pork chops will be. I go about 40 minutes..
- When the Pork Chops are cooked to your liking, remove them from the dutch oven. Add in the can of Cream of Mushroom soup and mix until it's smooth. Then stir in the Sour Cream. Return the Pork Chops into the Sauce/Gravy, spoon some on top of the Pork Chops. Put the cover back on and bring the sauce to a low boil. Let it simmer 5 minutes..
- Serve the Pork Chops and Sauce/Grave over your choice of Egg Noodles or Rice..