Falafel and Couscous Dinner (Wild Oats inspired).
You can cook Falafel and Couscous Dinner (Wild Oats inspired) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Falafel and Couscous Dinner (Wild Oats inspired)
- You need 120 g of Just Wholefoods Organic Falafel Mix.
- Prepare 225 ml of water.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lime juice.
- It’s 80-100 g of couscous or millet.
- It’s 4 Tbs of red pepper humous.
- It’s 2 handfuls of micro-greens.
Falafel and Couscous Dinner (Wild Oats inspired) instructions
- Put the falafel mix, olive oil, lime juice and 225ml water in a sauce pan and slowly bring to a boil while consistently stirring. Once it is boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer and let it sit for 5 minutes with the cover on. Be sure to not let it burn! After these 5 minutes, move the falafel off of the burner and let it cool..
- Boil a pot of water. Measure out your couscous or millet (I used ClearSpring Quick Cook Organic Millet, Peas and Lentils) and place in the water stirring well. Boil it for 10-15minutes until its cooked through and most of the water has disappeared..
- While the couscous is cooking, heat up a pan of oil on your stove. With a spoon, scoop some falafel and place it in the pan. Usually they come in ball-form, but I ended up going patty-style as I was pressed for time!.
- Cook the falafel so it is brown on either side (3-4min each side)..
- Plate the couscous, falafel, micro-greens and humous! Enjoy :).
- Tip: I got the microgreens at a local Food Assembly. The quality was top-notch..