Chicken Karaage made with Shio-koji.
You can cook Chicken Karaage made with Shio-koji using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Karaage made with Shio-koji
- It’s of Chicken thighs.
- Prepare of to 3 tablespoons Shio-koji (salt-fermented rice malt).
- Prepare of thumbtip's worth Grated ginger.
- Prepare of Grated garlic.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Egg.
- It’s of to 6 tablespoons Katakuriko.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
Chicken Karaage made with Shio-koji instructions
- Remove the fat between the skin and meat of the chicken, and cut into large bite sizes..
- Add the shio-koji..
- Add grated ginger and grated garlic (tubed is fine)..
- Rub in the ingredients..
- Add soy sauce (to your liking) and let rest for at least 30 minutes..
- Whisk an egg..
- Pour the egg into the chicken..
- Mix well..
- Add all of the katakuriko..
- Mix everything in circular motion. It'll become sticky..
- Fry the chicken on low heat, around 160-170ºC..
- It's prone to scorching, so take your time. The outside will become crisp..
- I love to squeeze lemon juice on top to eat it..
- The shio-koji recipe is “Sakko mama's” recipe.. I make a 4:1 ratio of koji (rice malt) and salt. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/148313-versatile-seasoning-from-the-countryside-shio-koji.