Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean “BBQ”).
You can cook Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean “BBQ”) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean “BBQ”)
- Prepare 2 pounds of beef (ribeye or skirt steak work well), very thinly sliced. I don't recommend super lean cuts for this preparation.
- You need 1 of whole green onion (white and green parts) chopped.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of finely minced garlic (about 3 cloves).
- It’s 1/4 of of a sweet apple, finely grated (you can use 3 Tablespoons apple sauce in a pinch) to tenderize and sweeten.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of regular soy sauce.
Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean “BBQ”) instructions
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl and ideally allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. For me, the best way to get all the meat evenly seasoned is to get in there with your hands and mix and massage to distribute all the seasonings thoroughly and evenly..
- PAN FRY OR SAUTE METHOD: Cook the meat in four separate batches on an oil (about 1.5 teaspoons per batch) pan preheated to medium high, for 2.5 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all pieces are cooked. If you, like I, love onions, you can saute some 1/4-inch thick pieces of sliced onions with each batch..
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat the oven to 425F. Mix an additional 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons oil in with the meat and spread the meat evenly in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan or broiler pan. Place the pan about 4 inches under the heat element and cook for 15 minutes..
- GRILL METHOD: You'll need a grill basket or screen to keep the meat from falling through the slats. Spread the meat in a single layer and cook over medium high heat (and at least 5 inches above the goals or gas element) until the meat is cooked. 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut and grill heat..
- Enjoy! :).