Jack’s Panang Curry.
You can have Jack’s Panang Curry using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jack’s Panang Curry
- You need 4 of x 13.66 oz cans Unsweetened Coconut Milk (Brand=Thai Kitchen).
- Prepare 2 of x 4 oz cans Panang Curry Paste (Brand=Maesti).
- It’s 1 of x 10.58 oz can Stripped Bamboo Shoots (Brand=Asian Best).
- It’s 12 Tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3-6 Tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- You need of Optional Items: Jasmine Rice, Preferred Vegetables and/or Meats.
Jack’s Panang Curry step by step
- In a medium to large size pot; brown Panang Curry Paste on medium-high heat 3-5 mins..
- Add only the coconut cream to the Panang Curry Paste. Stir until well incorporated. Set Coconut liquid to the side..
- Once mixed well; add 12 Tbsps of Sugar and 3 Tbsps of Hoisin Sauce..
- Add the Coconut liquid and stir until well incorporated..
- Bring to a simmer, cover with lid and let simmer 45-60 mins..
- Optional: Add 1.5-2lbs minced Chicken and preferred amount of chopped fresh Thai basil..
- Add Bamboo Shoots and simmer 5-10 additional mins. Pro Tip: add additional 3 Tbsps Hoisin Sauce to lower spice level..
- Enjoy topped over Rice, Meat and Veggies!.