Thai Basil Chicken and Rice.
You can cook Thai Basil Chicken and Rice using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Chicken and Rice
- It’s 4 of Tbl. oil.
- Prepare 1 of fresh hot chillies (to taste).
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 pound of chicken.
- You need 2 tsp. of sugar or honey.
- It’s 2 of Tbl. soy sauce.
- You need 1 of Tbl. fish sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peanuts optional).
- You need 2-3 cups of cooked rice.
Thai Basil Chicken and Rice step by step
- Dice chillies, onion, garlic.
- If using chicken pieces, dice chicken, i was using a large, very hot, jalapeno today, but any you have/like will do. Crushed red pepper will do if you don't have fresh chillies..
- In a wok/stir-fry/skillet on high heat, put oil.
- Add diced veggies to hot oil, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add chicken, stir for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar/honey, soy sauce and fish sauce, stir for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with broth, stir constantly until liquid is reduced by about half..
- Add basil and rice, turn heat down to medium. Stir until basil wilts..
- Add peanuts, stir for 1 minute.
- Serve, garnish with sesame seeds, green onions.