Chitranna/ lemon rice.
You can have Chitranna/ lemon rice using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chitranna/ lemon rice
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of dry red chilly.
- You need 1 tsp of udad dal.
- You need 1/4 tsp of hing.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 5-6 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 of green chilly.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peanuts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of roasted chana.
- It’s of Juice from 1/2 a lime.
- It’s of Salt per taste.
- You need of Garnish.
- You need of Coconut.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Cashews.
Chitranna/ lemon rice step by step
- Cook the rice with 1 and half cup water so it becomes fluffed and grains are non sticky..
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Once they crackle add udad dal, hing, dry red chilly, curry leaves, green chillyand turmeric powder..
- Now add peanuts and roasted chana(dalia) to this. Roast the peanuts until crisp..
- Add this tempering to the cooked and cooled rice. Add salt, mustard powder and lemon juice. Mix well..
- Garnish with coconut, cilantro and cashews..
- Option to use grated raw mango instead of lemon. Enjoy this quick wholesome dish..