Juicy Chicken Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken).
You can have Juicy Chicken Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Juicy Chicken Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken)
- Prepare of Chicken thigh meat.
- Prepare of ●Grated garlic.
- It’s of ●Grated ginger.
- Prepare of ●Sake.
- It’s of ●Soy sauce.
- You need of ●Sesame oil.
- You need of Egg.
- You need of Frying oil (as needed).
- It’s of ◎Cake flour.
- You need of ◎Katakuriko (potato starch flour).
Juicy Chicken Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken) instructions
- Cut the chicken into a little bigger than a bite size. Rub all the ● ingredients into the chicken well and let it sit for about 30 minutes (in the refrigerator)..
- Next, add the beaten egg and rub into the chicken. Let it sit for another 30 minutes if possible (go to Step 3 if you're strapped for time)..
- Add the ◎ ingredients to Step 2. If you want to make the karaage crispy, mix the ◎ in a bowl and drain the marinade from the chicken before coating with the mixed ◎ ingredients..
- Deep fry the chicken in medium-high oil..
- Remove while the chicken is not fully browned, and drain for 2 to 3 minutes. Heat the oil to high..
- Drop the pre-fried chicken from Step 5 back to the oil heated to high and deep fry for another 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown..