Awesome Meatloaf. Add eggs, pepper, salt and onion and mix together until well blended. Grease a meatloaf pan or casserole dish and spread the meatloaf mixture into the pan. Spread the undiluted cream of mushroom soup over the meatloaf mixture.
This must mean the title is spot on. Allrecipes member Lisa Wiedrich says, “Best meatloaf recipe ever! Few foods are as simultaneously loved and derided as the humble meatloaf. You can have Awesome Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Awesome Meatloaf
- It’s 2 lb of Ground beef (80/20 like chuck).
- You need 2 envelope of onion soup mix.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz drained).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 3 tbsp of barbeque sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of A1 sauce.
- Prepare 1 packages of bacon (12 oz package).
If your family groans when meatloaf night comes around, they might just be clamoring for a new version. These recipes will mix it up while still delivering the dish's original promise: a hot dinner followed by opportunities for really yummy leftover sandwiches. This is the best meatloaf recipe ever! For the awesome sauce: Whisk together the tomato sauce, mustard, sugar and vinegar in a medium bowl.
Awesome Meatloaf step by step
- In a small bowl mix together the ketchup, barbeque sauce and A1 sauce, then set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl add the milk and 3/4 of the breadcrumbs and stir until the breadcrumbs are moistened. Set the remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs aside (they will be used if needed)..
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the bacon, to the breadcrumb mixture..
- Mix well with your hands until the meat mixture is well blended. The mixture should just barely hold its shape. If mixture is too loose, add a few of the remaining breadcrumbs until the texture is right. Don't add too many or the meatloaf will be dry..
- Transfer the meat mixture to a lightly greased baking sheet and form into a loaf shape..
- Spread 2/3 of the ketchup mixture evenly on the meatloaf..
- Wrap the bacon around the meatloaf, making sure to tuck the bacon strips underneath..
- Spread the remaining ketchup mixture over the bacon wrapped meatloaf..
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for an hour turning halfway through..
Remove from the oven and pour two-thirds of the sauce on top. This is a Meatloaf recipe for people who love their Meatloaf oozing with flavour, moist and tender yet not crumble apart when sliced, and a sticky caramelised meatloaf glaze. It's so much more than just a giant hunk of ground beef in a loaf shape! Try this once, and you'll treasure this recipe forever! Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.* Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan.