Sesame seeds chikki. .sesame seeds are one such option and chikki's out of it is lip smacking recipe. most often, sesame chikki or til gul recipe is prepared during lohri festival or makara sankrathi or for daily dosage. Til Chikki is a healthy snack for your kids. The crunchyness from the sesame seeds and the sweetness were just right.
Sesame (/ˈsɛzəmiː/ or /ˈsɛsəmiː/; Sesamum indicum) is a flowering plant in the genus Sesamum, also called benne. Numerous wild relatives occur in Africa and a smaller number in India. Ellu chikki or sesame seeds chikki is very easy to prepare and is very healthy. You can have Sesame seeds chikki using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sesame seeds chikki
- Prepare 1 cup of white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 cup of jeggery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry ginger powder.
This sesame seeds chikki can be prepared in very less time and using very minimum ingredients. Making this Sesame seeds chikki at home on this auspicious occasion is a simple task, but if you If you want whole sesame seeds chikki then do not grind it and follow the same process to make chikki. The sesame seeds turn bitter in taste if over roasted. The size and shape of chikki can be small or big as you like.
Sesame seeds chikki instructions
- Together all ingredients,roast sesame seeds on medium flame until they are fragrant & roasted well.let it cool down..
- Semi crush sesame seeds in mixer.Put ghee in heat pan,add jeggery & water keep stirring continue,until it changes colors.In a water bowl add a drop of jeggery,jeggery can be broken easily by biting it,jeggery is ready,now add soda,mix well..
- Now add milk powder,stir continuesly,add crushed sesame seeds,turn off flame,mix everything well..
- Greased surface,take chikki mixture on a surface & roll it thin with the help of greased rolling pin..
- Cut it into desired shape,& let it cool completely.Store pieces in airtight container,some pieces serve in a plate,decorate with pistachios pieces..
Store this barfi in airtight container and it can be edible for more than a month. Basically, Til Chikki or Sesame Chikki serve on Makar Sankranti Festival. Sesame seeds and jaggery both provide energy and nourishment in the body to keep the body warm during winter days. Black sesame seed, Organic sesame, ,Vegetable Flower Seeds, Quality black sesame, Healthy seeds, Pure spices, Authentic herb Add to. Handmade Peanut and Sesame Seeds Chikki Sweet.