Decorated Sushi Cake.
You can cook Decorated Sushi Cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Decorated Sushi Cake
- You need of
- You need 3 cups (180 ml) of cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- You need 75 ml of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/4 teaspoons Salt.
- Prepare of
- You need of Canned Tuna (185g can) & Japanese Mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 of Avocado *sliced.
- You need of *Other Suggestions: Chicken Soboro (find my recipe), Salmon Flakes, Scrambled Egg, Teriyaki Chicken, etc.
- Prepare of
- It’s 3 of Eggs *finely scrambled.
- You need of Sliced of Ham.
- It’s of Carrot *sliced and blanched in salted water.
- It’s of Cucumber.
- You need of Sliced Cheese.
- Prepare of *Other Suggestions: Smoked Salmon (formed into Rose flowers), Thin Omelet (thinly cut into noodles), Cooked Prawns, Snow Peas, Sugar Snap Pea, Asparagus, Broccolini, Cucumber, etc.
Decorated Sushi Cake step by step
- When you cook Rice for sushi, cook with slightly less amount of water to achieve firmer texture. Basically you need same volume of rice and water. If you are using Rice Cooker, set the water level slightly lower than the mark. *Note: Wash rice well before cooking..
- Make Sushi Vinegar by mixing the ingredients together..
- Pour the Sushi Vinegar over the HOT rice, then empty it into a large mixing bowl. Mix it well gently and thoroughly, fanning the rice with a fan or piece of cardboard to help the rice cool quickly. Cover the rice with a damp cloth to stop the rice drying out..
- While Rice is cooking and cooling down, prepare other ingredients for Topping and Filling..
- Line a round cake tin (I used 21cm tin) with plastic food wrap. Fill it with 1/2 Sushi Rice evenly and press down. Arrange Filling ingredients on the rice, cover with remaining 1/2 Sushi Rice, and press down..
- Place a serving plate on the tin, and flip it over to transfer the Sushi Cake onto the plate. Remove the food wrap..
- Decorate it with Topping ingredients. Children are very creative and they will enjoy decorating the cake..