You can cook Turkish shawarma using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish shawarma
- You need 450 gms of chicken boneless.
- It’s 1 of Onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber, sliced thinly.
- It’s 1 of Tomatoes sliced.
- It’s 1 of Khaboos /pita bread.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sumac an Arabic herb.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Haldi powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curd.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of Jeera powder.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
- You need As required of Mayonnaise.
Turkish shawarma instructions
- Take boneless chicken marinate it with salt, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, jeera powder, red chilli powder, haldi powder, sumac and mix well..
- Now add curd, lemon, tomato paste, garlic paste and keep it overnight for marination..
- Slice and keep ready all veggies sprinkled with sumac and also french fries..
- Now on skewers put in the chicken and cook in a pan. Remove and cut the flavourful chicken into small pieces..
- Now take khaboos or the pita bread or you may even take simple homemade roti, assemble all the ingredients. Firstly, the chicken goes above the sliced and seasoned veggies with sumac then the fries then mayonnaise. Then roll them cover into a butter paper. You will surely enjoy the super flavors..