Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice. Prepare this tasty Sardines Fried Rice using convenient canned sardines and frozen mixed vegetables. Big on taste with minimum prep work. Here is how you achieve that.
When grilled, sardines usually need nothing more than a spritz of lemon juice and a sprinkling of sea salt. But I do like to marinate the strongly flavored fish in olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic before they hit the flames. A bit of smoked Spanish paprika in the marinade also helps to echo and extend the smoke. You can cook Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice
- You need 8 sheets of banana leaves.
- You need of For the rice:.
- You need 3 cups of rice.
- You need 45 ml of instant coconut milk + water (according to the measurement of your rice).
- You need 3 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- It’s 2 stalks of lemongrass, pounded.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of For the filling:.
- It’s 1 can (425 gr) of canned sardines.
- You need 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 10 cloves of shallots, thinly sliced.
- You need 8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- You need 8 of green chili peppers, diagonally sliced.
- It’s 5 of bird eye chili peppers, thinly sliced (optional).
- Prepare 100 gr of stinky beans, cut into 2 (optional).
- You need leaves of some Thai basil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sugar or to taste.
Sardines take two to three minutes to grill and about that long to eat. Rinse the sardines, and dry with paper towels. Toss with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grilled sardines with coarsely chopped green herbs – The Happy Foodie.
Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice instructions
- Mix all rice ingredients. Use a rice cooker to cook it. When cooking button is up, open the rice cooker lid and stir the rice well. Place the lid back and let the rice stay in the rice cooker for a while until it’s completely cooked..
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and shallots until fragrant..
- Add green chili peppers and bird eye chili peppers. Mix well..
- Add sardines. Season with salt and sugar..
- Add stinky beans. Stir until the stinky beans half cooked. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Prepare 2 sheets banana leaves. Spread 1/8 part of rice out in an even layer on top of the banana leaves. Place 1/4 part of sardines mixture in the center of the rice. Add basil leaves to taste. Fold banana leaves over to encase tuna sauce completely in rice, and secure each end with a toothpick. Do the same thing with the rest of the rice..
- Heat the grill pan over medium high-heat. Place banana leaves wraps on the grill and grill until banana leaves browned and charred 10-15 minutes each side. Yum! 😋.
Beautifully grilled sardines with a medley lemon, rosemary, parsley, garlic, green olives and capers. Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice. banana leaves•For the rice:•rice•instant coconut milk + water (according to the measurement of your rice)•Indonesian bay leaves•lemongrass, pounded•salt•For the filling Sardines are simmered with onion and tomato and served over white rice for an Island-style meal perfect as breakfast with a cup of coffee. Sardines can be substituted with any canned salt fish, but the soybean oil gives it the texture that is out of this world! Very tasty if you love spicy and if you love. Prepare this tasty Sardines Fried Rice using convenient canned sardines and frozen mixed vegetables.