TGIF Chicken Karaage.
You can have TGIF Chicken Karaage using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TGIF Chicken Karaage
- It’s of Chicken thighs.
- It’s of ●Sugar.
- Prepare of each ● Soy sauce and sesame oil.
- It’s of ● Black pepper and five-spice powder.
- Prepare of ● Ginger.
- Prepare of ☆ Salt.
- Prepare of whole garlic (to taste) ☆ Garlic.
- It’s of to 6 tablespoons ☆ Katakuriko.
- Prepare of ☆ Eggs.
TGIF Chicken Karaage step by step
- Cut the chicken thighs into pieces about 50g each. Put into a plastic bag with the ● ingredients and rub over the bag. Marinate for 30 minutes to overnight..
- Just before you fry the chicken, mix in the ☆ ingredients. It's pretty runny, but this is the coating..
- Deep fry for 5 minutes at 175°C. Take out once and wrap in paper towels for 3 minutes to cook in residual heat..
- Heat the oil up to 190°C, put the chicken back in and fry for 10 seconds to crisp the surface..
- If you are using chicken breast meat, add 3 tablespoons of tempura flour with an equal amount of milk and a pinch of salt to make the coating even juicier..